Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sunday Salon: Annual Summer Reading List

With Memorial Day tomorrow, it's the symbolic start of summer and as per usual, I have put together a list of books I'd like to read between now and Labor Day. This year the list is more unwieldy than usual but I'm already at least 100 pages in on many of these so in the end it won't end up being more pages than usual I don't think. And of course I certainly won't actually get to all of these. I've come to look at my summer list as a sort of "my eyes were bigger than my stomach" sort of situation and that's okay. I'm still going to dream big! Without further ado, here's the extensive list:

Man by Kim Thuy
A Girl From Yamhill by Beverly Cleary
The Eagle Tree by Ned Hayes
The Girl From the Savoy by Hazel Gaynor
Follow the River Home by Corran Harrington
The Woman in the Photo by Mary Hogan
The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
A House For Happy Mothers by Amulya Malladi
The Royal Nanny by Karen Harper
Wrong Highway by Wendy Gordon
Remember My Beauties by Lynne Hugo
The Hummingbird by Stephen P. Kiernan
A Good American by Alex George
A Certain Age by Beatriz Williams
The Wonder Garden by Lauren Acampora
A Reckless Promise by Kasey Michaels
Lift by Daniel Kunitz
Run the World by Becky Wade
The Runaway Wife by Elizabeth Birkelund
Finding Fontainebleu by Thad Carhart
Home Field by Hannah Gersen
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
Lost and Found by Brooke Davis
Secrets of Nanreath Hall by Alix Rickloff
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
The Valley by Helen Bryan
Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale
The Whiskey Sea by Ann Howard
Ostrich by Matt Greene
Course Correction by Ginny Gilder
Gold Fever by Steve Boggan
A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
You Have Never Been Here by Mary Rickert
West With the Night by Beryl Markham
A Well-Made Bed by Abby Frucht and Laurie Alberts
Riverine by Angela Palm
The Other Woman by Therese Bohman
The Children's Crusade by Ann Packer
Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende
The One-in-a-Million boy by Monica Wood
The Lake House by Kate Morton
Exposure by Helen Dunmore
I Will Find You by Joanna Connors
The Veins of the Ocean by Patricia Engel
Eliza Waite by Ashley E. Sweeney
The Lost Garden by Helen Humphreys
Shelter by Jung Yun
The Center of the World by Jacqueline Sheehan
The Edge of Lost by Kristina Morris
A Manual for Cleaning Women by Lucia Berlin
The Last Time She Saw Him by Jane Haseldine
The Beauty of the End by Debbie Howells
This Side of Providence by Rachel Harper
Bertrand Court by Michelle Brafman
Country of Red Azaleas by Domnica Radulescu
A Different Kind of Daughter by Maria Toorpakai
I Hid My Voice by Parinoush Saniee
Winter War by Philip Teir
If You Left by Ashley Norton
The Heart You Carry Home by Jennifer Miller

Do you make summer reading lists? What's on yours? If you bothered to read such a long, text heavy list, and I don't blame you if you didn't, have you read anything on my list? What did you think of it?

My reading travels this week have consisted of dips into many different places and worlds, too many to list actually. I am almost done with my sampling and look forward to being able to get back to sinking in and finishing everything I read. Where did your reading travels take you this week?

2 comments:

  1. I've got about six of yours on my planned reads list. A Little Life, The Children's Crusade and a couple of others. I don't really plan out that far, I'm more of a spur of the moment reader. Good luck on finishing these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I'm so impressed with this list - and look forward to hearing about your reading progress throughout the summer.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts