Sunday, May 1, 2016

Sunday Salon: Independent Bookstore Day

So yesterday was Independent Bookstore Day. I hope that all of you took the time to go and support your local indie bookstore. I, of course, did. Park Road Books is my local independent. And I came away with a nice stack of books as if I don't have enough reading material in the house to keep me going until I am 101 already. But hey, I intend to live (and read) forever so it's all good. And today by the time this posts, I will be on my way to Asheville, where they are completely and totally spoiled with indie bookstores, new and used. R. has to be there and be dance ready (which means hair and makeup done, costume on, and be stretched out) by 8 am. This is a huge deal since she had prom last night and Asheville is a couple of hours from here. I will need to hit all of the bookstores in town to keep me awake after my middle of the night drive so I'm calling it Indie Bookstore Day Plus One. I'm sure I'll have another nice stack to add to the official IBD one. In the meantime, here's yesterday's haul:



If you went to your local bookstore to celebrate, what all came home with you?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't get over to gboro for it but I did by 12 at the used book sale at St Francis the day before. And do any of us need more books? No and absolutely yes. 😉

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts