Wednesday, October 1, 2014

National Reading Group Month and the Annual Great Group Reads List

It's October again. That time of year where the leaves change color, everything is flavored with pumpkin, stores devote multiple aisles to candy, and in honor of National Reading Group Month, the Women's National Book Association releases its annual Great Group Reads list. I am a big fan of all of the above but especially of the Great Group Reads list. If you're in a book club, these books will make for great discussions and your book club will thank you for choosing them. If you're not, they are just plain ole great reads. Seriously, you should read 'em. In the interest of full disclosure, I am the President of the Charlotte chapter of the WNBA and a reader on the selection committee to determine this list. But don't let that put you off. :-) Now without further ado, the list for 2014-2015 is:

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
Cataract City by Craig Davidson
Children of the Jacaranda Tree by Sahar Delijani
The Commandant of Lubizec by Patrick Hicks
Euphoria by Lily King
Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
Foreign Gods, Inc. by Okey Ndibe
Marching to Zion by Mary Glickman
Neverhome by Laird Hunt
The Orphans of Race Point by Patry Francis
Painted Horses by Malcolm Brooks
Prayers for the Stolen by Jennifer Clement
The Promise by Ann Weisgarber
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
An Untamed State by Roxane Gay
What is Visible by Kimberly Elkins
Where Somebody Waits by Margaret Kaufman
The World of Rae English by Lucy Rosenthal

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts