Monday, September 3, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

The reading suffered some this week and the reviewing suffered a lot as I packed for the scuba trip my husband gave me as an anniversary present. I expected to spend most of the long weekend under water but sadly enough managed to perforate my eardrum on the first dive and have been above the surface ever since. This means I did get some reading in but the drug haze has made it not as likely as you'd have thought. ::sigh:: This meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Books I completed this past week are:

Hemingway's Girl by Erika Robuck
Enriched Air Nitrox Manual by Scuba Schools International
The After Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

Let the Great World Spin by Colm McCann
Triangles by Ellen Hopkins
The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman
The Mirrored World by Debra Dean

Reviews posted this week:

A Cupboard Full of Coats by Yvvette Edwards
An Age of Madness by David Maine

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward
The Absolutist by John Boyne
The Mercury Fountain by Eliza Factor
The Right-Hand Shore by Christopher Tilghman
Imperfect Bliss by Susan Fales-Hill
Goodbye for Now by Laurie Frankel
The Care and Handling of Roses with Thorns by Margaret Dilloway
The Receptionist by Janet Groth
Keepsake by Kristina Riggle
The Underwater Window by Dan Stephenson
More Baths Less Talking by Nick Hornby
The Good Woman by Jane Porter
Hemingway's Girl by Erika Robuck
Enriched Air Nitrox Manual by Scuba Schools International
The After Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer

6 comments:

  1. I've read great reviews about Hemingway's Girl. I'm sorry to hear about your ear. What a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That's such a bummer about the perforated eardrum .. :(

    Hopefully, you were at least able to soak up some rays in your drug-induced stupor.

    I think I might take a page from you (with your permission, of course) and start adding a list of reviews that need to be written to my post - sort of a way to keep myself motivated.

    Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your headings! I have several books that I'm still reading and you header is much more fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your ear! I hope you are recovering quickly. May this week be better for you all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your perforated eardrum! I've never had that happen but it must be so painful. I hope you were still able to enjoy your vacation. What a wonderful gift! And you still read more than I did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....so sorry to hear about your eardrum! What a bummer. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    Jen C
    Readinginwbl.com

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts