Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Mailbox

A handful of books that make me quite happy. This past week's mailbox arrivals:

The Might-Have-Been by Joseph Schuster came from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Sometimes our lives hinge on a split second and I am attracted to this novel that captures regret and the trajectory a life takes after that defining moment.

Heading Out to Wonderful by Robert Goolrick came from Algonquin Books.
A man wanders into a small village, finds work in the local butcher shop, and meets the townsfolk. There's something slightly sinister in the description of this tale of love gone wrong. Intriguing.

All Woman and Springtime by Brandon Jones came from Algonquin Books.
Dealing with the consecutive prisons of life in restrictive North Korea and then life in sexual slavery for two young women, the fact that this novel still sounds as if it will end on a hopeful note makes me very curious.

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Metroreader as she is hosting this month's Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I got The Might-Have Been too! I'm looking forward to it. I still haven't read Goolrick's last novel, but the new one sounds good too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last two have been on a few other mailbox lists today. I hope you like all three!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts