Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrival:

The Red Book by Deborah Copaken Kogan came from Voice.
I'd like to reproduce this cover on my own bookshelves! Four roommates from the class of '89 head for their 20th college reunion. You know that's going to be good.

Some Assembly Required by Anne Lamott came from Riverhead Books.
I remember reading about Sam's first year in Operating Instructions. Hard to believe that that baby has his own baby now!

Forgotten Country by Catherine Chung came from Riverhead Books.
American girls and Korean folklore, I have always loved books that present the related issues of immigrant tales and identity.

Until the Next Time by Kevin Fox came from Algonquin Books.
A lost family connection and a journal from an uncle that might help explain a young man's own life, this one looks mysterious and intriguing in equal measure.

West of Here by Jonathan Evison came from Algonquin Books.
Newly out in paperback, I reviewed this one already here.

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Metroreader as she is hosting this month's Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

1 comment:

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts