Thursday, December 31, 2009

GLBT Challenge

I've never joined this challenge before but I thought it sounded really interesting and given my eclectic mix of to be read books, I was fairly certain that I could come up with at least for books already on the shelves that would fit the GLBT Challenge, aka the challenge that dare not speak its name.

The basic idea of this challenge is to read books about Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual, or Transgendered topics and/or by GLBT authors.

The challenge runs year-round, and there will be three levels of participation:

Lambda Level: Read 4 books.
Pink Triangle Level: Read 8 books.
Rainbow Level: Read 12 or more books.

You don't need to choose your books right away, and they can change at any time. Overlaps with other challenges are fine.


I'll be going for the Lambda level, which only requires 4 books because I am generally clueless about the sexual orientation of the authors whom I am reading (as a matter of fact, I had to scroll through the list of authors on the site to find three of these four but I did already own them so that's good).

1. The Well of Loneliness by Radcliff Hall
2. The Kid by Dan Savage
3. Openly Bob by Bob Smith
4. She’s Not There by Jennifer Finney Boylan
and the trusty alternate since I never stick to my original lists:
5. Swish by Joel Derfner

1 comment:

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts