Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Mailbox


It was a banner week for me this week in the mail. I got 6 different review books and a gorgeous set of bookmarks that I won from Nymeth at Things Mean a Lot. Here are the beautiful handmade bookmarks: . And of course, I have immediately started a couple of new books so that I had something to stash them in right away. :-)

As for the books, from Anna at Hatchette Books, I got
I Loved, I Lost, I made Spaghetti by Guilia Melucci. This one is one that I am giving away, winners to be chosen April 8th. If you want to enter the giveaway, click here and the last paragraph tells you all about it.

Hatchette also sent Do-Over: In Which a Forty-Eight-Year-Old Father of Three Returns to Kindergarten, Summer Camp, the Prom, and Other Embarrassments by Robin Hemley. I will be hosting a giveaway for this one in the not too distant future so keep your eyes peeled for that announcement too.

From Shelf Awareness, several book came in this week. They sent Sag Harbor by Colson Whitehead, .

Crazy For the Storm: A Memoir of Survival by Norman Ollestad,

Shanghai Girls by Lisa See,

and The Lace Makers of Glenmara by Heather Barbieri.

And finally, Paula at Author Marketing Experts sent me Life Is Like a Line by Cynthia Sabotka.

I have some really good reading in front of me this week! If you want to see what other people found in their mailboxes this past week, head on over to The Printed Page where Marcia hosts this fun meme every week.

9 comments:

  1. I'm seeing Lace Makers on a lot of posts today! Looks like you got some terrific books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do-Over sounds like a blast - I can't imagine a 40-something going back to kindergarden or prom!

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those bookmarks! Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great books. But I think the book maks are the best out of everything you got. I have a thing for bookmarks, always have, and those are beuatiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great bunch of books! And those bookmarks are great--Nymeth makes the most creative/beautiful bookmarks. Hope you enjoy the reading.

    And thanks for stopping by my Sunday Salon post. :) It was great to hear from another rambler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone seems to be getting Shanghai Girls, I wonder if I will? Great haul this week!

    Here's my post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad they made it there safely :D Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for stopping by the mailbox this week. 'Crazy for the Storm' will be part of my MM next week. I've read 'Shanghai Girls'.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts