Monday, December 19, 2016

Monday Mailbox

Mostly I acquired books for myself this week because I should get Christmas gifts too, right? This past week's mailbox arrivals:

A Summer at Sea by Katie Fforde came from me to me because I was ordering everyone else books and I needed some too.

I have really enjoyed Fforde's charming fiction before so combine that with a water word in the title and there was no chance I could pass up this tale of a midwife who decides to spend the summer cooking on a boat and ends up having a summer romance with a local doctor.

The Great and the Good by Michel Deon came from Meryl Zegarek PR.

How could I not want to read a novel about a young man who meets the love of his life on the Queen Mary while en route to college? This sounds so enticing to me.  (Note there's another water connection!)

At Hawthorn Time by Melissa Harrison came from me to me because I was ordering everyone else books and I needed some too.

I had set this one aside for later in my cart for a very long time and I figured it was finally time to acquire it. A rural community, four people really struggling, and a terrible car accident mean that this one sounds appealingly tense and suspenseful.

The Winter Tree by Charles Todd came from me to me because I was ordering everyone else books and I needed some too.

I've been looking for my Christmas spirit and am hoping I might find it in the pages of this holiday tale set during the early days of WWI about an aristocratic young English woman who meets a soldier as she tries to make her way back to England and then trains as a nurse in order to get back to the war and the man she can't forget.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy The Walnut Tree - I like that series but haven't read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Great and The Good looks good. LOVE the cover.

    I enjoyed The Walnut Tree.

    ENJOY your books and reading week, and have a wonderful Christmas.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts