Monday, March 16, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It was a crazy busy week for me this past week. I had a tennis match one day (we lost but actually won the same number of games that our opponents did, which only tennis people will understand). My oldest son had three high school matches himself, one of which was canceled only after they got part of the way there and had the skies open up. My youngest son's middle school show choir won Regionals and advanced on to States. My daughter had a dance competition and all of her dances earned Platinum awards. On the way home from the dance competition, we were rear ended, which looks like it is going to result in me being carless for a time while. ::sigh:: And my youngest also had a birthday, making me officially the mom of three teenagers. So I guess it's understandable why I didn't get so very much reading done. It's hard to read in auditoriums, plus you look like a bad mom if you don't watch your kid perform because you are too engrossed in your book. Reviewing was slightly better but... This meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Books I completed this past week are:

Bettyville by George Hodgman
The Lovers Set Down Their Spoons by Heather A. Slomski

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

Hausfrau by Jill Alexander Essbaum
Splinters of Light by Rachael Herron
The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin

Reviews posted this week:

The Girls of Mischief Bay by Susan Mallery
Bettyville by George Hodgman
The Lovers Set Down Their Spoons by Heather A. Slomski

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

Dog Crazy by Meg Donohue

2 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to read what you think of Hausfrau--it seems that people tend to have very strong opinions about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, you did have a busy week! I hope you enjoy A.J. Fikry - I thought it was a great read.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts