Essentially, Spring Reading Thing 2010 is a fun, low-pressure reading challenge open to anyone and everyone. It will take place March 20th-June 20th (which is, not-so-coincidentally, the spring of 2010).
To participate, here’s what you need to do:
- Create a list of some books you’d like to read or finish this spring.
- Feel free to set some additional reading goals (such as reading to your kids two hours per week, getting through your pile of magazines, etc.). This is completely optional.
- Write a blog post including the list of books you want to read and any additional goals you’ve set, and get ready to post it on your blog on March 20th.
- Visit my blog on March 20th to sign up. I’ll have a Mr. Linky set up that morning, so you can submit a link to your personal Spring Reading Thing post, and it will be added to the master list.
- Read! Work on your goals throughout Spring 2010.
- Report your results. Write another blog post in June to let everyone know how you did.
- Have fun! Visit other participants to see what they’re reading. Write reviews if you’re so inclined. But most of all, enjoy your spring reading.
So, without further ado, here's what the bedside table has spit up at me for my reading and finishing pleasure this spring:
1. The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye
2. Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
3. Into the Tangle of Friendship by Beth Kephart
4. Venetia Kelly's Traveling Show by Frank Delaney
5. One Vacant Chair by Joe Coomer
6. Solar by Ian McEwan