Monday, February 29, 2016

Monday Mailbox

What a quartet of amazing looking books!  This past week's mailbox arrivals:

I'm Glad About You by Theresa Rebeck came from Putnam.

About two people who are meant to be the loves of each others' lives but meet too early to make that happen, this story of what their lives go on to look like is incredibly intriguing to me.

An Improper Arrangement by Kasey Michaels came from HQN.

I do enjoy a good romance so this one about a young woman falling for the man charged with making her debut easy and successful even as a secret threatens to expose her family's reputation sounds juicy.

Reader, I Married Him edited by Tracy Chevalier came from William Morrow and TLC Book Tours.

The words "Reader, I married him," thrilled my twelve year old heart the first time I read Jane Eyre so there was no way I could pass up a collection of stories inspired by Bronte's masterpiece and written by some of the most fabulous women writing today.

Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman came from Atria Books.

I loved A Man Called Ove by Backman and although I wasn't wild about his next book, I am always up for finding another of his eccentric, flawed characters on my bedside table so I am looking forward to this one about a fussy woman who must coach the town's children's soccer team.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

2 comments:

  1. I received Britt-Marie Was Here too.

    It looks good.

    ENJOY all of your books and reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reader, I Married Him definitely piques my interest! I'll be keeping my eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts