Monday, February 1, 2016

Monday Mailbox

Although I was in Denver for Winter Institute and had to send my numerous acquisitions home this past week, adding them to this list would make the page enormous and unwieldy so I'm going to refrain. I'll just stick with the books that were sent directly to me and call it good (and they do look good). This past week's mailbox arrivals:

The Bomb Girls by Daisy Styles came from Penguin.

About a quintet of young women who are all conscripted into wartime work in a munitions factory in Britain, this should be a different and engaging sort of look at a friendship novel and at WWII.

The Crooked Heart of Mercy by Billie Livingston came from Penguin.

Tragedy, scandal, a priest, and a marriage that needs saving, this should pique your interest as much as it does mine, right? (Plus, just look at that cover!)

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

6 comments:

  1. The Bomb Girls sounds like one I need to read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Crooked Heart of Mercy definitely is catching my interest.

    ENJOY your books and your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts