Monday, December 29, 2014

Monday Mailbox

Because I had gifts arriving even at my parents' house, I got two more gifts for myself delivered this past week before Santa even arrived. I think that might put me on the naughty list. This past week's mailbox arrivals:

The World of Rae English by Lucy Rosenthal came from me because one of my book clubs is reading it soon.

One of the Women's National Book Association's "Great Group Reads" for this year, this little known novel about the former wife of a jailed politician who goes to the Iowa Writer's Workshop intending to become a writer sounds delightfully entertaining.

The Martian by Andy Weir came from me because another of my book clubs is reading it even sooner than the above book.

Since my book club likes to try and read different types of books throughout the year (but few of us actually like to read sci-fi), we latched onto this highly lauded book about an astronaut who is left behind on Mars without enough oxygen to last him until the next mission arrives.

If you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

6 comments:

  1. I keep hearing great things about The Martian. It doesn't seem like the type of book I'd normally read, but with all the hype I'm definitely a little intrigued. Hope you enjoy all your books and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Martian is $3 for Kindle right now. I bought it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fun book, with a good set of characters (it isn't only the guy on Mars) and some good tension. Turns out oxygen is the least of his worries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard wonderful things about The Martian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Martian was a favorite of mine this year. It's as much a thriller as it is scifi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know either of those titles.

    ENJOY!!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts