Monday, June 18, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I haven't been doing a whole lot of reading lately for no particular reason at all. I've been busy (my son had four different tennis tournaments in the past two weeks and got his driver's permit so we've had to do a lot of nerve-wracking driving lately, my daughter has had dance rehearsal every day for a while since her Nationals is this week, the youngest has been sick plus had some soccer practices when he wasn't, and school let out--probably the biggest time sucker of all if I'm being honest) but that's not really substantially different than usual. So no reason behind it but not much reading to report and only slightly more reviewing. This meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Books I completed these past two weeks are:

Passing Love by Jacqueline Luckett
The Flight of Emma Hardy by Margot Livesey
Picture This by Jaqueline Sheehan
We Only Know So Much by Elizabeth Crane
The Girl in the Garden by Kamala Nair

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

Let the Great World Spin by Colm McCann
Triangles by Ellen Hopkins

Reviews posted this week:

An Uncommon Education by Elizabeth Percer
The Voluntourist by Ken Budd
When Captain Flint Was Still a Good Man by Nick Dybek
Passing Love by Jacqueline Luckett
Picture This by Jacqueline Sheehan
The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

Alice Bliss by Laura Harrington
The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker
The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin
In Hovering Flight by Joyce Hinnefeld
The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesey
We Only Know So Much by Elizabeth Crane
The Girl in the Garden by Kamala Nair

5 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about The Flight of Gemma Harding. I find I go through cycles where I read a lot but fall behind on my reviews or vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are reading quite a lot and such a variety! I hope you are enjoying your current reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have read quite a bit, but I get the business of this time of year! Thank goodness for audio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard about these books, but I hope you enjoy them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many people adore Let the Great World Spin. I tried to read it twice, but I didn't really get into it. Are you enjoying it so far?

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts