Saturday, May 24, 2008

Anniversary

It's been almost 13 years since I got married. My husband would say that it's been 13 years of bliss. Of course, he lives with me and knows how unpleasant I can be if he doesn't say that! Since he's home for the long weekend, we took advantage of being in the same state to have a nice kid-free anniversary dinner. Tradition says that I generally get him nothing but he gets me something (is it any wonder I keep him around?!). So I got into the passenger seat of the car to find a guide to London and a Barnes and Noble gift card waiting for me. (He also knows the way to my heart.) When I saw the London guide, I said, "Really?" because a trip to London was supposed to be our 10th anniversary trip but we didn't go, having to buy a house here instead. His response? "I thought next year. But you can get prepared for it with the book." After I stopped laughing, I told him he's the only person in the world who can get away with giving me the same, undelivered on present twice. At least the bookstore will be seeing me for sure in the next few days. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts