Oh, and for the record, I managed to make it through the conference without crying. If I can hit a milestone like that, surely anything is possible!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Behavioural conference
Oh, and for the record, I managed to make it through the conference without crying. If I can hit a milestone like that, surely anything is possible!
2 comments:
I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This title makes me want to mimic monster truck commercials. MASSIVE, Massive, massive. BOOK, Book, book. GIVEAWAY, Giveaway, giveaway. ...
-
Cinco de Mayo is not the celebration of Mexican Independence. It's actually a regional celebration celebrating the victory of Mexican f...
-
I know, right? Two things. 1.) I am well aware that I am quite probably the last person on the planet to read this book and therefore you ...
-
As the title might suggest, this is a very graphic memoir, by turns equally salacious and detached. The critics found it highbrow, claiming...
-
Welcome to this month's Monday Mailbox , the meme started by Marcia and currently on tour around the internet. This month is my month t...
-
Read the synopsis: When Rebecca Brown goes to New Orleans to stay with her voodoo-obsessed aunt, she finds the beautiful city haunted by the...
-
I first read Kate Atkinson's Behind the Scenes at the Museum more than 20 years ago and was impressed by the creativity and writing ta...
-
Thanks to the lovely folks at Hachette Books I am giving away three copies of The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker. This ...
-
It's still officially my unbirthday month at one of my online groups affiliated with On the Porch Swing , a great group if you are looki...
-
Today being Black Friday and all, some of you are probably out scouring the stores for the best possible deals for the special people on you...
Chris is like that -- in mid-tantrum/freakout there is absolutely NO getting through to him/calm him down but if he's removed from the situation, he ratchets it back on down pretty quickly. (which his therapist thought was very important) How'd he do before (didn't he go to therapy a year or so ago?) C has a high success rate as long as he's going to see the therapist every 2 weeks or so but if we stop for a few months, it all comes flooding back.
ReplyDeleteWell I'm glad to hear the recovering one out of the situation is a good sign. I need to grasp at all possible good signs! When W. was in therapy before it was more about handling the bullying and even then the therapist was totally worthless. :-( He's not happy about having to see someone here but I can't imagine that he'll be making friends and influencing people if the freak-outs continue. Middle school is rough enough without being the loser in the corner acting like a baby. ::sigh::
ReplyDelete