Monday, November 14, 2016

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrivals:

The Golden Hour by T. Greenwood came from Kensington Fiction.

I really enjoy books with parallel story lines so this one about an artistic woman who has to revisit what happened to her years ago when she was a child and the parallel story of the woman who used to live in the house Wyn is caretaking should be interesting indeed.

The Magdalen Girls by V. S. Alexander came from Kensington Fiction.

The story of friendship, resilience, and survival in a terrible, abusive situation, this one promises to break my heart and give me hope.

4 3 2 1 by Paul Auster came from Henry Holt.

I've always been curious about Auster's works and this one, a sort of literary Sliding Doors, telling the story of one man, four ways, through the four different lives he leads, intrigues me no end.

Wreck and Order by Hannah Tennant-Moore came from Hogarth and LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

About an intelligent young woman whose intelligence doesn't insulate her from bad decisions, this story of search for meaning and purpose piques my interest.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts