Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday Mailbox

 Another week of wonderful looking books.  Does this trio make you just a little bit jealous?  If I wasn't me, I would be.  ;-)  This week's mailbox arrivals:

Strings Attached by Joanne Lipman and Melanie Kupchynsky came from Hyperion.

A book about a music teacher who was an inspiration and mentor and who pulled the very best out of his students even while his own life was not the stuff of storybooks. This has fascinated me since I first heard about it.

Dinner With the Smileys by Sarah Smiley came from Hyperion.

Have you ever done that exercise where you name people you'd like to have to dinner? Well, the Smiley family actually invited their heroes for dinner every night of the year that their husband and father was deployed and this book is the result. How cool sounding is that?!

Since You've Been Gone by Anouska Knight came from Harlequin.

A young widow who runs a bakery meets a new man who is haunted by his own ghosts despite the appearance of living a charmed life. Sounds delicious, no?

If you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

3 comments:

  1. I understand Strings Attached is excellent.

    ENJOY all your books and your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts