Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday Mailbox

A couple of surprises landed in my mailbox this week. Book surprises are, of course, always welcome. :=) This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Something For Nothing by David Anthony came from Algonquin Books.
Publishers Weekly calls the main character a "lovable drug smuggler." I didn't know there was such a thing. Should be interesting to see how Anthony pulls this off!

Don't Kill the Birthday Girl by Sandra Beasley came from Crown.
Although none of my kids have food allergies (unless a made-up allergy to vegetables counts), I have so many friends with food allergy kids that I am drawn to this memoir about a woman with severe food allergies and the tale of her growing up.

Promises to Keep by Jane Green came from Plume.
I have thoroughly enjoyed all the Jane Green novels I have read so I'm really looking forward to this one too.

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mari Reads as she is hosting this month's Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of Jane Green's books but I've seen good reviews for them 'everywhere'. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books, Something for Nothing looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read any Jane Green books yet but I have a few of them on my wish list. I hope you enjoy all of your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All new to me. Enjoy the reads and have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts