Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Mailbox

Just two books this week means another week of getting a bit further in the stack I already have. But what wonderful looking books they are! This past week's mailbox arrival:

City of Tranquil Light by Bo Caldwell came from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
From the time I first read Pearl S. Buck and then Michener's Hawaii, I have been fascinated by stories of missionaries so this novel about two missionaries in China in the early 20th century who fall in love is right up my alley.

Heart With Joy by Steve Cushman came from the author.
Billed as an "uplifting coming of age novel about cooking and bird watching, about writing and pottery, and about falling in love and the sacrifices we all make," this novel has a quirky combination that intrigues me.

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Marcia at The Printed Page to see this month's host of Monday Mailbox and Kristi at The Story Siren who hosts In My Mailbox and enjoy seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

3 comments:

  1. City of Tranquil Light appeals to me. Hope u enjoy both books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you got some good reads. have a great BBAW week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your books. I love the first's title.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts