Sunday, May 26, 2019

Sunday Salon: My annual summer reading list

Since tomorrow marks the unofficial start of summer, it's time for me to put together my annual summer reading list again. Go ahead and weigh in if you've read any of these or if they are on your own summer reading list. And by all means, feel free to add to my list if I've missed a great one. I never get through the entire list and I do end up reading things that aren't on this original list so it's always interesting to see what the final product ends up looking like.

Southernmost by Silas House
The Summer Country by Lauren Willig
The Islanders by Meg Mitchell Moore
The Great Unexpected by Dan Mooney
Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Vacationland by Sarah Stonich
The Lost Vintage by Ann Mah
The Accidentals by Minrose Gwin
A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park
The Chocolate Maker’s Wife by Karen Brooks
The Lost Daughter by Gill Paul
Death of a Rainmaker by Laurie Lowenstein
The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart by Holly Ringland
An Afterlife by Frances Bartkowski
Something Like Breathing by Angela Readman
Three Ways to Disappear by Katy Yocom
Tacoma Stories by Richard Wiley
Broken Wing by David Budbill
The Dishwasher by Stephane Larue
Man with a Seagull on His Head by Harriet Paige
In West Mills by De'Shawn Charles Winslow
The Rapture Index by Molly Reid
River People by Margaret Lukas
Retablos by Octavio Solis
Wait It Gets Worse by Lydia Slaby
Moon of the Crusted Snow by Waubgeshig Rice
No Good Asking by Fran Kimmel
Trolls by Stefan Spjut
Being Various edited by Lucy Caldwell
Vintage 1954 by Antoine Laurain
The Paper Wasp by Lauren Acampora
The Affairs of the Falcons by Melissa Rivero
The Peacock Summer by Hannah Richell
Friday Black by Nana Kwame Adjei-Brenyah
Unfurled by Michelle Bailat-Jones
The Secret Wife of Aaron Burr by Susan Holloway Scott
Tomorrow’s Bread by Anna Jean Mayhew
The Abolitionist’s Daughter by Diane C. McPhail
The Guest Book by Sarah Blake
Brown White Black by Nishta J. Mehra
Walking to the End of the World by Beth Jusino
Zuleikha by Guzel Yakhina
The Last Year of the War by Susan Meissner
Love You Hard by Abby Maslin
The Most Fun We Ever Had by Claire Lombardo
The Last Ocean by Nicci Gerrard
Lights All Night Long by Lydia Fitzpatrick
Sugar Land by Tammy Lynne Stoner
We Hope for Better Things by Erin Bartels
The Lake on Fire by Rosellen Brown
Questions I Am Asked About the Holocaust by Hedi Fried
Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner
The Tubman Command by Elizabeth Cobb
Flowers Over the Inferno by Ilaria Tuti
The Last List of Miss Judith Kratt by Andrea Bobotis
The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michelle Richardson
Bedside Manners by Heather Frimmer
Mother India by Tova Reich
Laurentian Divide by Sarah Stonich
A Catalogue of Small Pains by Meghan L. Dowling
A Dream and a Chisel by Angela Gregory and Nancy L. Penrose
Nima by Adam Popescu
The Dearly Beloved by Cara Wall
The Ticking Heart by Andrew Kaufman
Congratulations! Who Are You Again by Harrison Scott Key
The Unbreakables by Lisa Barr
All Manner of Things by Susie Finkbeiner

And of course, I'd like to finish all the books I have started and set aside but I'll consider them bonuses since I have so many others on the list above that I really do need to read.

2 comments:

  1. What is this? One a day? Wow. That's a lot of reads for one summer.

    I've read two of these: Lincoln in the Bardo (well worth reading) and Single Shard (again, well worth reading). I want to read: Crawdads. Unfortunately, I hesitated about reading Crawdads and now I am about 552 on the library list.

    Best wishes for your summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome selection! I have The Accidentals to read, there are a few other titles on your list I’m interested in.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts