Monday, January 7, 2019

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Villa del Sol by Martha Reynolds came from me for myself.

This won the Independent Publishers of New England Literary Fiction Award for 2018 and I'm very curious about it.

She Loves You Yeah, Yeah, Yeah by Ann Hood came from a friend for a book swap.

A middle grade book about a Beatles-obsessed girl who is navigating middle school in the 60s with all its attendant friend drama and unhappiness, my review is coming soon.

The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory came from a friend for a book swap.

I enjoy romances so this one about a woman who says no to a scoreboard proposal by her relatively new boyfriend and then has to endure the social media fallout should be funny and flirty.

Learning to See by Elise Hooper came from TLC Book Tours and William Morrow for a book tour.

A fictionalized story of Dorothea Lange? Oh, yes please!

Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren came from a friend for a book swap.

A second chance with your one true love? I am looking forward to getting stuck into this one.

The Forgotten Guide to Happiness by Sophie Jenkins came from me for myself.

A reader in her twenties and a writer in her eighties who is showing signs of dementia end up as housemates in this novel. It sounds absolutely perfect for me.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts