Monday, December 3, 2018

Monday Mailbox

I won a contest on Reading with Robin's Facebook page and as a result I got an embarrassment of riches in my mailbox. If you don't know Reading with Robin, you should. She's got a great podcast where she interviews authors about their new book and the interviews are always spoiler free. If you're in New England (I'm not), she also runs the Point Street Reading Series, which sounds like it would be wonderful to attend. And of course, she runs great contests, hence my stuffed mailbox this past week. This past week's mailbox arrivals:

The Collector's Apprentice by B.A. Shapiro came from Reading with Robin.

I am fascinated with the whole idea of art theft or fraud so this novel about a young woman suspected of being in on her fiance's scheme and who determines to recover her father's collection and to revenge herself on her con artist fiance sounds gripping.

Kitchen Yarns by Ann Hood came from Reading with Robin.

I love Ann Hood and have been reading her since I was in high school umpty thousand years ago so pair her writing with the topic of food in personal essays and I'm all in.

Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver came from Reading with Robin.

Who hasn't wanted to get her hands on the latest Barbara Kingsolver?! Certainly not me!

The Kinship of Secrets by Eugenia Kim came from Reading with Robin.

A family separated from their infant daughter by war and their long determination to reunite the family which only highlights the difference between a child who grew up in war torn Korea and one who grew up in the US? Oh, yes please!

The Rain Watcher by Tatiana de Rosnay came from Reading with Robin.

As a family gathers for their patriarch's 70th birthday in Paris, family secrets will burst out just as the river Seine does in this amazing sounding novel.

Heads You Win by Jeffrey Archer came from Reading with Robin.

Jeffery Archer writes sprawling, twisty novels and this story of a Russian man who chooses where to live as he and his mother flee Russia based on a coin toss promises to be Archer in top form.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts