Monday, March 26, 2018

Monday Mailbox

It was my birthday this past week and I didn't hold back on celebrating myself with a book or five. ;-) This past week's mailbox arrivals:

On the Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher came from me as a birthday present to myself.

The story of an elderly woman, who after dying, cannot pass to the other side without unburdening her soul, this is not a unique premise but I do enjoy these stories so I'm hoping this one is as captivating.

The Whitsable High Tide Swimming Club by Katie May came from me as a birthday present to myself.

Swimming is in the title. Just for that I'm a goner, but I'm also looking forward to this tale of a group of women who swim together and help each other navigate life.

The Worst Case Scenario Cookery Club by Chrissie Manby came from me as a birthday present to myself.

I love to cook so I enjoy the heck out of feel good books about others learning to cook and becoming friends in the process.  This should be exactly my cup of tea.

The Year of Surprising Acts of Kindness by Laura Kemp came from me as a birthday present to myself.

How can you pass up a book about acts of kindness happening in a small Welsh village? Obviously I can't and I'm looking forward to this sure to be heartwarming novel.

The Hidden Cottage by Erica James came from me as a birthday present for myself.

Even adult kids can derail a parent, even one who appears to have it all together, and I can't wait to read about this very premise in this one.

Early Work by Andrew Martin came from Farrar, Straus and Giroux.

A comic novel about a would be writer and his messy, undirected post-college life? Sign me up!

Mysterium by Susan Froderberg came from Farrar, Straus and Giroux.

I have a strange fascination with mountain climbing so this novel of an expedition that evokes Dante's Inferno promises to be completely and totally gripping.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts