Monday, October 1, 2012

Monday Mailbox

A pair of fantastic looking books this week in the mailbox. This past week's mailbox arrival:

Lola's Secret by Monica McInerney came from Ballantine Books and TLC Book Tours.
A lovable matriarch who tells her family to spend Christmas elsewhere has to be hiding something and this tale sounds like it will be fun reading and discovering what she's not telling anyone.
The Summer Before the Storm by Gabriele Wills came from Mind Shadows and Premier Virtual Author Book Tours.
With a boat like that on the cover, how could I not want to read this book about the summer 1914 paradise of the wealthy being infringed upon by the coming World War?

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Monday Mailbox as she is hosting this month's Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

10 comments:

  1. They both look so lovely...enjoy! Lola's Secret sounds like one I'd savor.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look TERRIFIC...so many wonderful books to find and add to my TBR list. :)

    Enjoy your books.

    Hope you can stop by my blog to read my post about the book conference I attended in New York City this past Saturday.

    A giveaway is also directly below my Mailbox Monday post.

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/mailbox-monday-1012012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the covers look so beautiful. Hope you enjoy the books as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lola's Secret does sound intriguing, and I like that it's set at Christmas. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a great mailbox! Hope you enjoy all your books!

    Here is my mailbox post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are both new to me. I hope they're both winners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lola's Secret has caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, Lola's Secret sounds great! Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am on the tour for Lola's Secret too - looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts